22 January 2010

on getting a hair cut

A blog about getting a hair cut.

Not conventional, not important, not big or deep or transforming, in most worlds.

But in my world ... it's big. It's important and big and deep and transforming.

It means that it's 2010 - its a year for doing things. Not thinking about things [well, still thinking about things] but DOING things. That's my list of 24 before 25. Things to do. Do decide and define who I am.

That's this hair cut tomorrow. More about deciding where I want to go and getting there than just getting a hair cut.

I'm not doing a good job of explaining this, but I needed you to know. I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow, and it's more than a hair cut. The next time I'm here, I'll be different, and not just because I'll be blonde again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to do the same thing K-Holley!!!!
    I'm wanting a pixie cut...very short.
    It's a REALLY corageous thing to get your hair cut differently...everyone says, "hair grows back!", but you're the one who has to live with it...
    I'm there with ya girl!!!
    I support you and am glad you're taking this step towards your 24 before 25!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO rooms... can't wait... so excited... screaming inside in celebration... YES YES YES YES :D

    ReplyDelete